Thursday, November 30, 2006

Burning, Crackling, Color-Crackling?

Yeppers, that is the question as we begin the 2006 Christmas season.....

Random thoughts on Christmas and the season........

Today i begin decoration outside.....two spiral trees, two deer, icicle lights along the eves, a lighted arch across the walkway to the door, a huge 4 foot wreath of lights on a steel frame, a newly-purchased sign of 5 ft by 2 ft saying "Merry Christmas" in lights, candy canes lining the walkway to the front door.....my way of outside decoration....(Comment: I bought a "Merry Christmas" wall sign mentioned above at Walgreen's.....then went back for a 2nd to give to my Elks Lodge for an inside wall... They had ONLY "Seasons Greetings" signs left on the shelves.....but found me one more "Merry Christmas" in back....Guess the folks of Christmas are choosing "Christmas" over "Season".....love it.)

Tomorrow I begin my inside village......it is now officially HUGE! It will occupy two 3 X 6 foot tables, plus a 2nd level on one of 14 in X 6 ft.....Then My seaside village may still reside on a corner table nearby.....I have four villages....seaside, farm, ski and the main village to which I have this year added.... A train, and 6 new buildings....bringing my total to about 53-55....

My love of the season and the celebration is quite apparent, I guess.

Pictures to follow upon set up....

Duke

UPDATE: The two spiral trees are minus half their lighting....the bulbs are there and just refuse to light. Same of the two deer.....some lights out, some on.....and my gutter icicles are half-lit (bad terminology, perhaps).....I bought the "cure-all" find the problem detector to trace down the problems, and after Duchess and I spent a full 90 minutes working on them the lighting problems remain. Guess I'll buy new.....they cost so little.....BAH-HUMBUG!