Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Of Clocks, and Settings & Stuff!

I just returned from my bathroom. It was a quite usual visit, but brought to mind the little question my Duchess often asks me.

Why is my wall clock still telling time in the "pre-fallback mode"? She asks this several times each year....usually between the end of October and the beginning of April. For that is the time during which my wall clock reads an hour ahead of the rest of Florida and the Eastern United States.

I have this thing which sez to me...."If the time will advance again in April, why change the clock now and then have to change it again in April?" After all it is right at least 6 months of the year.

I looked at the clock during my just-completed visit and found the time to be shortly before 3pm. Thus I know it is really just before 2pm. Simple!

Ah, the complexities of life.

Duke