Sunday, February 04, 2007

Politics 101 - Who Said It?

1st Quote:

"Let me be clear: Under no circumstances can Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons. For years, the US hasn't done enough to deal with what I have seen as a threat from Iran.....To ensure that Iran never gets nuclear weapons, we need to keep ALL options on the table. Let me reiterate -- ALL options must remain on the table...."

2nd Quote: (In answer to question....
Can we live with a nuclear Iran?)


"I'm not ready to cross that bridge yet. I think that we have lots of opportunities that we've ... We're not negotiating with them directly, what I just proposed has not been done. We're not being smart about how we engage with them. But I'm not ready to cross that bridge yet. And I think the reason people react the way they do -- I understand it, because, when George Bush uses this kind of language, it means something very different for most people. I mean when he uses this kind of language "options are on the table," he does it in a very threatening kind of way -- with a country that he's not engaging with or making any serious diplomatic proposals to. I mean I think that he's just dead wrong about that."

O.K. - Now who said these things.....can YOU figure it out?

Alright, it is a trick question........BOTH were said by John Edwards. Presidential candidate. Kevin Drum, at the Washington Monthly caught the differences....and knows WHY the two apparently different attitudes and beliefs.....

The 1st was before an Israeli group in Israel. The 2nd before a liberal group two weeks later (yesterday).

You should read Kevin's complete article to learn that Edwards has graduated from POLITICS 101.

In this day and age of Google, and instant passage of statements around the blogosphere, I suspect we will find many, many more politicos with hoof-in-face-disease!

Duke