Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tell me Capt Ed!

So now the GOP Senators, under a writing from Frist, seek my buck.

I have found that so far the Capt. Ed position (Captain's Quarters Blog) has been reasonable...

What do you feel about this Ed?

Let me and lots of other GOPers know.....

Thanks
Duke of DeLand

HERE IT IS: (the request which I received by email)


Dear Friend,
I need your help.
I ask that you immediately make an online contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC).
To make a contribution on their secure server, please
click here.
As Senate Majority Leader, I want to assure you that, if the Democrat's campaign of judicial obstruction resumes, I will not hesitate to use the Constitutional Option.
We must ensure that President Bush's qualified judicial nominees get the up-or-down votes they deserve.
That's why we need to counter the Democrat's attacks and misinformation - including the multi-state, multi-million dollar advertising by liberal special interest groups like Moveon.org and People for the American Way.
I have asked the NRSC to spearhead Republican efforts to support President Bush's judicial nominees as we bring them to the floor of the Senate for fair up-or-down votes.
To prepare for these battles, NRSC Chair Senator Elizabeth Dole has set a goal of raising $50,000 for the month of June from fellow online Republicans.
This money is essential to our efforts to fight back against the obstruction of Senate Democrats, led by Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Chuck Schumer, and John Kerry.
And so I urge you to support the NRSC immediately with a contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100. To make a contribution, please
click here.
We need your support today!
June will be a defining month for President Bush and the Republican Senate Majority.
I have asked the NRSC to be prepared to support President Bush's nominee if there is an appointment to the Supreme Court.
We must be prepared to support the President's nominee to the Supreme Court should a vacancy open.
I am counting on you to help the NRSC prepare for what is likely to be one of the toughest and most consequential debates in recent memory.
Help us deliver on the principle of up-or-down votes for the President's judicial nominees.
Our need is urgent and our cause is just.
Sincerely,

Bill Frist, M.D.Senate Majority Leader
P.S. To support the NRSC and make a contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100 today, please
click here.

UPDATE: Thanks to Capt. Ed for a followup on this post....