Friday, September 24, 2004

OK.....That IS Enough!

Folks, yours truly has now been approached by no less than four who wanted to provide "a good time"......and I am tired of it.....

Hurricanes, folks....what did you think I meant?
Dirty minds......

Seriously, I am, as my information would indicate, a resident of TampaTown.....Home of the former World Champ Bucs; and Current Stanley Cup-winning Lightning.

I have lived here for 27 years (as my bio will also tell you, I am an Illinois boy)......

Not once in that time has more than a single storm come close to me.....and I moved about a bit because of my then-profession (Economic Development Professional)......lived in Naples, Ft. Myers, Lakeland/Polk County, Orange Park/Clay County, and now in Tampa where I am in the medical field.......

These storms have damaged too many people I know.....and for much too long.

Things one does not anticipate.......(from a friend whose winter home is Punta Gorda)......
My roof is damaged & my boat has a hole in it.......NO repairs possible.....I am months behind the rest of those signed up for repairs.......

Family went days without power (we were blessed to have a short 12 hour outage and I went stir crazy without my trusty PC!)......some went weeks!!!!!

Think on it some and you might realize the impact of these lovlies of the sea......and this weekend it is Jeanne......which appears headed for son's place in Jacksonville! He may be joining us for a few days!