Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hoo-Rah!!!! (I'm not that jaded!)

Call me an old softie....call me sentimental.....

I saw a rocket lift off.....I read the story, and I was filled with emotions....

9 Years from now (hope I'm still around) the probe will reach its destination....

It will travel 3 BILLION MILES....

From AP via FOX here is the story.

Look, in my lifetime we have launched our 1st satellite....sent man to the moon....have rovers running about on Mars....have flashed by most of the planets and have a space station! However, this tops them all.....

"To infinity and beyond" as one cartoon spaceman sez from a recent movie....

Infinity, no.....beyond imagination as I was a teen, YES!!!!

I love being alive now. I love the advances, the adventure, the achievements.....

Let me live long enough to see more.....perhaps CONTACT!

Who knows! Gotta Love it!

Duke