Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Duchess Under The Knife....Blogging May Be Lite!

Tomorrow morning my Duchess goes under the knife at FOI (Florida Orthopedic Institute for the uninitiated) for repairs to substantial damage to her right shoulder.

My blogging, as a result, may be light.

She fell in our motorhome enroute to Fort Lauderdale in February. I had to brake suddenly, and she was on the way up front to see me. She landed on the console on her shoulder. MRI indicates two torn ligaments, a torn rotator cuff, and a torn muscle. The good doc will try arthroscopic surgery 1st (thru a small scope inserted thru a small hole!) That is the easiest and most (medical term here) minimally invasive method. If that fails, he'll have to opt for a 4 inch incision on the front of the shoulder.

Recovery will include 2-4 weeks of complete restraint of the arm in a sling and wrap. Only at rehab will they move her arm for her!

Thus, Duke becomes chief cook and bottle washer, bath-giver, house maintainer, et al. I don't mind as I'd do anything for this woman!

Wish her the best folks....and offer a prayer or two if you are so inclined.

Duke