Thursday, December 08, 2005

A PAC Formed by Terri Schiavo Widower

From the story on FOX net news:

Michael Schiavo said his experience with political leaders "has opened my eyes to just how easily the private wishes of normal Americans like me and Terri can be cast aside in a destructive game of political pandering."

Thus he announced formation of a political action committee (PAC) to work in his home state of Florida on his agenda to avoid future political involvement in such cases.

Read the entire thing on the FOX site.

Schiavo said he was a Republican all his life, "before Republicans pushed the power of government into my private family decisions."

Michael Schiavo indicated his effort was driven by the attempted intrusion of Congress, Florida Governor Jeb Bush and President Bush into his and his deceased wife Terri's lives.

As I stated at the time, while I felt for Terri's parents in their efforts, I completely disagreed with the political efforts; first of Governor Bush as he tried every means at hand to thwart the decision by Michael based upon what he said were his wife's expressed wishes; and then finally in the circus folly of Congress and President Bush darting about spending time and much effort to step into an individual case.

In my opinion we need some say about our lives and the lives of our loved ones...

Duke