Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gotta Ask My Grandchildren!

One of the things about which I am vexed is the way our young folk receive news....or IF they receive news!

I am a now middle-60s male who is probably more attuned to news and what happens than most as I spent several years as a radio-TV newsman/News Director back in the dark ages of the late 60s and early 70s. Today I have become a three-decades-removed newsman who ended his career in other fields.....

As for the kids of today.....and i am blessed with Grands who are ages 19 down to 3.....I need to know what is making them tick in news. in currency of the local/national/international awareness.

Guess I need to devise a method of checking with them in person to see what, if anything, they are doing for "news" awareness.

Duchess and I leave next Sunday on a trip of three weeks and one stop includes 4 days with Grands (my abbreviation for grand kids) who range from a super-smart 13 year old blond gal to a neat, sports-oriented 10 year old boy and then their 2.5 year-old younger Bro who is still blissfully unaware of news (hopefully!)

I have to plan how to approach this so as to avoid the "what ARE you thinking, Grandpa" stare!

More after I plan/scheme!

Duke