Wednesday, April 12, 2006

You Don't Have My Vote Either, GOP!

Almost always a given, my vote in 2006 for the GOP is far from that. The plans, the promises, the desires of the base have not been fulfilled, despite a supposed majority vote which was given in 2000, 2002 & 2004.

G M Roper said it quite well today:

"When we put you in office, you had high ideals. You seemed to be committed to the idea of fiscal restraint. Instead, you have spent like a tax-and-spender (usually called Democrats) except in your case; it's been a cut tax but spend anyway. Our President Bush has not had the guts or the wisdom to veto some of those profligate spending bills, even when it was obvious he should have done so. Trent Lott the former Majority Leader of the Senate recently stated that he was tired of hearing from the "so called porkbusters." He is also on record as having said "“The way I do it is, I fold them into bills where you can’t find it,” Lott said. “I’ve been around here long enough to know how to bury it.” Is that what you think we elected you for?"

Judicial appointments; Illegal immigration; the list goes on for me beyond Roper's items....

Roper sums his feelings of independence up this way:

You have failed miserably at reforming the way government works. And, I'm not sure you even think we have noticed. You are going blithely about your business as though we were too stupid not to notice. Well, you are wrong. Further, you are wrong on so many counts. We expect good government and we are not getting it with you in charge. If we wanted all this scandal, spending like there is no tomorrow etc., we would have kept the Democrats in place in '94. But, we wanted change. You started off right but quickly lost your way.

So, I'm putting you on notice. You will have to EARN my vote this year, and you have damn little time to do it. You need to clean up your act and you need to start now. Not next week, not next month, not next year. Now!


Remember, I don't need you, I can get some Democrats to do the same thing you are doing (and probably increase my taxes too.) But you need me in a most desperate way. You need my vote!


AMEN!

Roper's entire piece is here!

Are there any GOP leaders listening? Doubt it. They are busy finding ways to NOT solve the problems of immigration, judicial appointees, et al. How sad! Perhaps time to pay the piper?

Duke