Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Conventions Are OUTDATED.....

I recall conventions when I was M-U-C-H younger where they actually had votes that mattered. I recall conventions where the candidate was NOT decided prior to June 1st. I remember conventions where the V.P. choice was a deep-dark secret.

That was then.....this is NOW!

There is absolutely no need for conventions today. By the time they are held, the candidates are determined....the V.P. Choice is a media gimmick, and we all know what is going to happen. The ratings on this year's conventions TV coverage will probably be dismal! At least I hope so!

MILLIONS are spent for what amounts to a giant cheer leading spectacle for the two parties. The polls react with a sudden rise of a few points....then return to pre-convention levels within a week or so.

I, for one, will NOT be watching any of either convention!

I already know how I am voting, and I seriously doubt even those who are yet undecided are going to be influenced by the flatulence gushing from mouths of long-established pols at these glorified self-serving salutes to the anointed.

Time to find a new way of doing this!

Duke