Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Astounding Good Luck String!

I just had to write about this....even knowing many of you will NOT believe it to be true.

In the past 6 months I have been the 999,999th visitor to more than 50 web sites! Yes, it is true. The possibility of that happening to any one individual must be off the charts!

In addition I have been selected to receive laptops, free DVDs, and a number of other items.

As a fairly consistent reader of the web....but perhaps not much more than average in terms of where I go....I have to wonder, do folks actually click on those silly ads? They must or the ads would be gone.

Another class is the "Vote here...NOW!" These folks ask your opinion on every form of question their little minds can envision. If you go to vote, of course you are asked for some info...and whammo you are on every spam list from here to hell and back!

Given the millions and millions of page views daily in this country, let alone the rest of the world, I would imagine a .05% response factor to any of these would produce tens of thousands of leads daily.

What was it P. T. Barnum said????

Oh, and while I have been corresponding for more than a year with them, the folks in Sierra Leone have yet to forward a dime to me. They are really, really slow over there! Their web must be such a crawler compared to ours.

Duke