Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm A Low-Level Terrorist!

I didn't know I was until I read this Neal Boortz item this morning:

"Department of Defense employees must take written exams as part of their routine training. See if you can correctly answer the following question:

"Which of the following is an example of low-level terrorism?"

  • Attacking the Pentagon
  • IEDs
  • Hate crimes against racial groups
  • Protests

Any guesses? I bet you know where this one is going, don't you? That's right. Protests. Now we have the Defense Department telling their workers that protests are "low-level terrorism." Excuse me, but isn't there something in the Constitution about the right to "peaceably assemble?" And then there's something else about the right to "petition the government for a redress of grievances." Now we call these activities low-level terrorism? What does that make all you tea-party demonstrators from earlier this year? Low-level terrorists?

Do you feel comfortable with this? Not I!"

Nor I!

Duke