Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All Bets Are OFF!

Thus sayeth Neal Boortz......He has changed his view of the election, courtesy of hizzelf, JFK, II.....The Poodle......The loser of 2004, and the man with terminal foot-in-mouth disease!

"OK ... all bets are off.

Don't get me wrong ... I still have this deep felt desire to see the Republican's get punished by the electorate in next week's midterm election ... but suddenly the stakes seem to be too high.

What turned the tide for me? John Kerry, that's what. That insipid, haughty, pretentious jerk uttered another one of his absurd statements about our men and women in uniform ... and in a flash my fear of Democrats and their disdain for our military services overcame any desire I had to put Republicans over my knee.

You did hear what Kerry said, didn't you? Come on now .. surely you have. [refresher] For the few of you who might have been in a 48-hour coma, The Poodle was talking to a group of college students in Pasadena, California (where else?) on Monday when he said: "You know, education--if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." (my emphasis!)

So there you have it. There's your choice. According to Mr. Band-Aid Purple Heart, you either become smart, or end up serving in our armed forces."

Time to turn inward, I guess. Time to assess.....HOWEVER! What really bothers me here is the feeling of being a sheep guided by Bush/Cheney....with an unexpected (though certainly NOT surprising) assist from John "Skerry!" The fact is, I, along with Boortz, WANT the GOP to be punished for their terrible record in living up to the goals of the GOP as stated in 1994.

I find the GOP sadly lacking in performance, and the most horrendous thing of all is the GOP KNOWS they have performed badly, but are relying upon the fact the Dems have DONE WORSE! The Dems have NO plan, they have negatives....they are anti-Bush.....that is not a vote-getter for any group except the nutroots Liberals.

AND, thus the GOP expects they can pull off another victory snatched from the jaws of the completely clueless Dems.

AND They might just do it.........

Simply terrible political times......where is that 3rd party option?????

AND, when will the electorate finally tire of this two-tiered game of politics by one party which does as they please because they can as the other party is so politically-inept as to be useless? The voters are tired now, but the voter-capabilities and options are so limited as to make a serious 3rd party challenge one of dire need......Is that what I hear approaching?????? Dire Need....I actually believe the sound of 3rd party is growing......

God, I hope so!

Duke